Tips & Tricks
Being outdoors in the fall is a great setting for some fun photos of you and your loved ones. In order to get the best results from your session, there are a few things to consider before you step in front of your photographer’s lens for your family portraits.
- Wear sunscreen. If you are going to be out in the sun for a long period of time, especially with children, sunscreen is a must. It can however also make your skin look quite shiny. If possible apply makeup that has built-in sunscreen otherwise apply some powered concealer to spots that look especially oily.
- Bring along some tissues & concealer powder. Unless it’s a cool day, you’re probably going to sweat. Bring along some tissues for dabbing off the sweat and your concealer powder for touch ups.
- There might be bugs. Photos in the woods can be romantic and beautiful but depending on the time of day and the area you’re in, it could mean swatting away flies and mosquitos. A little bug repellent can make your photo session a lot more pleasant
- Stay hydrated. Posing for pictures may not seem like hard work but in the hot sun, you don’t have to move around much to be affected by the heat. Make sure you bring lots of water and other hydrating beverages, and drink up often.
- Apply makeup sparingly. You want that fresh, sun kissed look in your photos so don’t overdo your makeup application.
- What you wear matters. Choose clothing that is comfortable and fits your body shape. Feel free to incorporate accessories such as a hat but don’t let it overwhelm the photo.
- Choose your time of day. Does your child nap? Choose a time that does not interrupt nap time so your babies can be well rested and happy during your session! Are you not a morning person? Maybe an afternoon session is better for you and your family!
Ready to book your family portrait session today? Click HERE to learn more about scheduling your family portrait session with us!