Happy New Year!! It’s that time of the year – you know, the goal setting time. Actually, scratch that. Let’s use another word other than “goal”. Goals tend to be forgotten about 3 months into the year. They become more so “dreams” and less tangible. Let’s create some VISIONS for 2019! What do you visualize when you think of your optimal self? For us, it’s better to create a visualization for where we want to be in 12 months rather than just a list of bucket list items (although these are also fun to cross off when you can, so we do include a few). It’s about seeing a direct path and planning accordingly so that you purposefully get where you want to be, not because you just happened to stumble there after putting in some effort every couple of months. But before we get to our 2019 visions, let’s go over our 2018 goals and see what we made possible, what did not make possible, what changed in our priorities and what we need to really focus on if we want it to happen in 2019.
Our 2018 Goals in Review
Create Online resources for Costola Launch a Workshop?
- Grow in our faith by having a closer relationship with Jesus Christ by reading the entire Bible in 2018! – NEEDS TO HAPPEN IN 2019!
- Be the healthiest we have ever been! – NEEDS TO HAPPEN IN 2019!
- Have a substantial savings, checking, and business account – NEEDS TO HAPPEN IN 2019! Goal #7 made this a little hard for us this year.
Make our marriage strong, happy, joyful, inspiring, and loving Making our house a HOME! Show our friends and family that we love them with better communication
- Grow our Youtube Channel content – NEEDS TO HAPPEN IN 2019!
Book 20 weddings for 2019
Although we did not complete all of our goals for 2018, we did accomplish A LOT. Somethings that we did in 2018 that were not on the list (and some are not business related whatsoever) but that we are SUPER dang proud of…
- We upgraded all of our camera equipment
- Marie joined our team as an associate wedding photographer
- We had two interns join our family
- We launched our beautiful new website
- We started to shift our focus to serving our clients with a COMPLETE experience so that they do not leave empty handed and needing more (our clients should not be leaving us to have to print their photos themselves!!)
- Andie bought a 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Started the mentorship program for beginner professional photographers
- Attended a bridal show for the first time ever as a vendor
- Hosted our first Annual Costola Couples Night Out
- Hired a business coach
- Completed 4 educational classes to better our business
- Sold out our Wine & Workshop class in under 30 days!
- Andie ran a half marathon
- Added the following locations to places we have been (as well as some repeats from years past)…
SO, my point here is, even if you don’t complete the “goals” that you first planned for yourself, it doesn’t mean you didn’t accomplish other super awesome stuff that may have been even bigger and better than your actual goals! Now, on to next year…
Our 2019 Visions
- Volunteer for a small church position
- Become involved in a small group at church
- Read the bible!!
- Continue deeper communication with our friends and family
- Host 1 giveaway a month on IG to give back to our family who loves and supports us!
- Publish a youtube video once a week – either beauty, photography, or personal
- Have our work published on the cover of a magazine (this is not super important, but would be neat!)
- Host TWO workshops
- Switch our meals to be more plant based
- Prepare my body to be the best home for future Baby Ingagliato! 😀
- Connect more with other wedding vendors in our area including Washington D.C.
- Have a substantial savings, checking, and business account
- Continue to make our marriage strong, happy, joyful, inspiring, and loving
- Document our lives in PRINT – create albums for our travels and accomplishments
- Add two more interns to our family
- Attend two Mastermind Retreats
- Book a wedding for 2019 or 2020 in Europe!
- Add 16 #CostolaCouples to our family for 2020
Phew! That’s almost DOUBLE what we wanted to accomplish last year but hey, we’re dreamers and doers and 2019 is going to be the best year yet! Can’t wait to be back at this same seat 365 days from now, crossing off all 18!